Gas Line Installation & Repairs
Gas lines are a fundamental element to your home’s network of utilities. They power your stove, fireplace, water heater, and more. Without properly functioning gas lines, your home is left cold, wet, and uncomfortable. Working with a professional gas plumbing company can make the difference between a reliable, efficient gas system and an exhausting series of repeated phone calls for repairs. If you’re in need of gas line installation or repairs, contact the certified technicians at Clear Flo Plumbing.
Do plumbers install gas lines?
Yes, a gas plumber does fix gas lines. When most people think of plumbers, they only consider our ability to solve water pipe issues. However, our specialty plumbers are certified to work with natural gas lines.
Our 24/7 gas plumbing services include:
- Detecting gas supply problems
- Installing gas lines
- Moving existing gas lines
- Installing and repairing gas appliances
- Ensuring quality, safe installations and repairs
Our gas plumbing services are available throughout Southeastern Wisconsin.
When to Call a Gas Plumber
Periodic inspection of your gas lines is important. A leaking gas line can produce negative consequences for your water heater, stove, or fireplace and can pose serious safety and health risks. You should call a gas plumber if you detect:
- Exposed gas lines. A gas line exposed by erosion or severe weather should be examined by a professional.
- Corrosion. Corrosion and wear will continue until there is a gas leak – it’s best to address the problem before it reaches that point.
- Leaks. If your gas line is leaking, it needs to be replaced immediately to prevent health risks.
- Age. Pipes will naturally break down over time. If your gas line is over 20 years old, it may be time to install a replacement.
- An unexplained spike in your utility bill. It’s possible a gas line is leaking.
3 Reasons to Hire a Plumber for Gas Line Installation
Although plumbers have a reputation for fixing water pipes, there are several reasons a gas plumber is right for fixing gas line problems in your home:
- Safety. When working with natural gas, safety protocols are vital. Our certified plumbers install gas pipes safely and efficiently.
- Piping know-how. Many of the pipes used in gas lines are the same as those used in sewage plumbing. Plumbers know which pipes and materials are the safest and most effective. Working with a plumber can save your gas pipes from corrosion and damage.
- Appliance expertise. If you’re installing gas pipes in your home, you may be adding gas-powered appliances too. Our gas plumbers can install your new appliances during your gas line installation.
How to Detect a Gas Leak
Natural gas has no color or smell. To know if your gas line is leaking, watch out for:
- Rotten egg odor. Gas companies add a chemical called mercaptan into your gas supply to produce a rotten egg smell in the event of a leak.
- Dead or dying vegetation. If your gas line runs through your yard, a leak can cause grass to die.
- Hissing gas line. A hissing sound near your gas line or appliances can point to a leak.
If you notice an urgent problem with your gas line, contact our 24/7 gas plumbers immediately. If you’re in need of gas line installation or repairs, request a free estimate from our certified gas plumbing technicians.
Got a leak? We'll take a peek.
Clear Flo Plumbing offers comprehensive residential plumbing services, including 24 hour emergency plumbing, sump pump repair and installation, and toilet and shower fixtures. We service the Southeast Wisconsin area, including Pewaukee, New Berlin, Butler, Waukesha, Wauwatosa, West Milwaukee, Elm Grove, West Allis, Brookfield and the surrounding areas.
Contact Clear Flo Plumbing to schedule gas line maintenance and other residential plumbing services.